You know that a backhoe is an important piece of equipment for your business. After all, the flexibility of this machine is incredible, making it useful for construction, demolition, transportation of materials and landscaping. However, purchasing a backhoe is a major investment. Buying this equipment used can save you a lot of money and still provide you with exactly what you need to keep your business running smoothly. We have put together a few simple tips to help you when you start browsing used backhoes for sale.
- Inspect – If you purchase online, you may not be able to see the equipment in person. However, you can still use photographs or videos to visually inspect the equipment. Are any teeth missing from the scoop? Does the machine look well cared for? Is the motor clean? Does it look like the cab will suffice for your use? These are all questions you need to ask yourself as you inspect and prepare to purchase.
- Consider the Reach – What type of reach do you need? Clearly, not every job is the same. Will the standard arm option work or will the extendahoe option be required? If it is required, is it included or how much will it cost you to purchase it from the manufacturer. Understanding all the details regarding this and knowing if you will have additional purchases can help you make the smartest purchasing decision.
- Remember the Tires – While you can replace the tires on a backhoe, of course, this is an expense and it may not be one that you expect to have right away. Find out if the tires included on the equipment will be sufficient for your purpose or if you will need to schedule a quick replacement. Doing this can help you make a smart purchase that will not cost you more than you expect it to.
- Ask Questions – Make sure you ask plenty of questions about the machinery. What was it used for? Does it have certain desired features? What work has been done on it? Are all parts OEM? Think about what’s important to you and don’t be afraid to ask. An honest seller who has quality equipment available for sale should be more than happy to answer any of your questions and they will make sure you are comfortable with the item you plan to purchase.
- Check Your Guarantee – When you are buying any used equipment, it is important to know what your rights are if the equipment isn’t working as expected. Make sure you will have recourse for repair or replacement so that you don’t find yourself out your investment. While the majority of used equipment purchases go smoothly from start to finish, it is vital that you are protected “just in case.”
Because of the savings compared to buying new, buying a used backhoe can be a great choice for your business. If you decide to purchase any used large industrial equipment, it makes sense to work with a company that knows the business. If you have questions or concerns about your future purchase, reach out to us at EquipmentAuction.com. We would love to help you find an affordable backhoe or other machinery to keep your company running smoothly.